)My goal in life is to help other people.
2) All civil/human rights movements are amazing. I believe in the power of the people.
3) Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is my role model.
4) I am a writer and a poet. I love words. I love playing with words. I love symbolism. I dislike many of the formal rules of writing and poetry.
5) I can be pretty shy and introverted at times.
6)I love to have intellectual and political debates.
7) I like to "push the envelope" and challenge people's perceptions. I like to do this especially through my writing.
8) I am a feminist.
9) I love Feminist theory, Critical Disability Studies, Queer theory, and philosophy, in general.
10) I question things. I never believe "what you see is what you get" - especially when it comes to societal beliefs, patterns, and trends.
11) I want to travel the world.
12) I hate any type of derogatory remark.
13) I like to meet new people and try new things.
14) I am really attracted to bright colors.
15) I never drink and I don't do any drugs
16) I love to see live performances, especially music, poetry, and theater.
17) I am constantly amazed with nature
18) I enjoy sarcasm and humor
19) I have mild Cerbral Palsy. What this means, basically, is that I walk with a limp. I am pretty involved with disabilty rights and refuse to be ashamed of my body; so a person must be cool with this aspect of my identidy, in order to be cool with me.
20) Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all the beauty in the world - (as corny as that sounds).
Some other interests include:
activism, reading, making music with your mouth (a.k.a. sound poetry), Zen Buddhism, long flowy skirts, trees, flowers, stars, sunrise, sunsets (not the fiddler on the roof song), learning how to live humbly and simply, Off beat book stores and restaurants, weird jewelery, Culture, the Amish, Native American history and spirituality, Sufism, Bill W and friends of Bill W, aromatherapy, HIV/AIDS (the dynamics of the disease and outreach and prevention) sustainable development, health, poverty, and human rights, growing food, traveling, staying in the same place, the dynamics and experience of "place"/ space, Medical Anthropology, Social Policy, Body Politics, amazing human beings, kindred spirits, intensity, humor and dark humor, analysis, learning, boldness, or learning boldness, muses and inspiration, kindness, love, personal histories, movement, beauty, or moving beauty, transmutation, freeing the mind. .
The type of person I get along best with is:
I would like to think that I get along with everyone. I tend to connect better, however, with people who are quirky, into the arts, and into politics.
I'm a Good Friend Because:
I am loyal, trustworthy, and I am a good listener.
I Think It's Hilarious When...
.... I like sarcasm and absurdity....and anything else that I find funny, its hard for me to put a label on my sense of humor.
One thing worth going to jail for would be...
I don't know....non violent demonstrations.
My travels have taken me to...
Israel, Canada, and all around the USA. I really need to travel more though.